web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Just took on new customer with 824 with about 70 stations. Customer left auto set relocation active over period of time and now have a few station ports that don't come up. It seems employees moved phones, left phones unplugged etc. In DN/Port info some stations information not accurate. Can auto set relocation set to yes cause this kind of problem? Should I do a system restart?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Do you really want to reprogram the system ? what about oddball stuff :call forward,external numbers ,page groups,zones,hunt groups etc. Auto set relocation was always a head ache for techs but easy for clients. If working in a location that uses relocation go by port number only.
Just hit me: did you mean a power down and re power?

OP Offline
I understand the port number thing. that never changes but why for instance does system programming show X249/P0411 when it is actually X249/P416? As far as the dead station ports I was hoping a power down and power up would correct these issues. Thanks for your help.

Moderator-Allworx, Nisuko-Tie, Vodavi
I ran into a Mics with 2 PRIs and about 80 stations like that. What I did is to first ---shut relocation OFF & never turn it back on again. Then I re-jumpered the whole system. I made an Excel spreadsheet and filled it out as I went along. It took a while, but it saved alot of time and effort and frustration in the long run. The reason we took over the system, was that the guys that were servicing it, just couldn't figure anything out and their only solution was a new system. It's been about 4 years since I've looked at that spreadsheet---if you think it might help you, shoot me a PM with your e-mail address.

We had that problem with the DN showing on two ports. And I think we went into maintenace and looked at the port to see which one the set was actually on.

I should have said to see which port was equipped

OP Offline
Customer rebooted system last night and now there are 3 more dead station ports. Any thoughts?

Are these station ports dead at the 66 block or are they dead at the desk jack?? You have to find out what is happening at the system. A butt sett will tell you if you have data on the pair, but I like to use a 66/mod adapter and a Nortel phone at the 66 block to see what is happening. Just make sure you disconnect the jumper, and use the same kind of phone that is on the desk. Once you determine what is going on with all the station ports, then you can start making changes. It may be that the ports are bad--those things happen--but you've got to be sure if its a "port" problem, a wiring problem or a CPU problem.

OP Offline
Station ports dead at the block. What also happened is I disconnected a phone connected directly to block, when reconnecting the port is now dead. I should mention it turns out the previous vendor sold the customer a 0X16 module, Call Pilot and software upgrade about 2 months ago.

Are the dead ports on the 0x16 station mod? Also maybe go into maint. and remove problem ports then re enable them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 341 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024