web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
rwindom Offline OP
OP Offline
Merry Christmas everyone! I have an unwanted present I hope someone can help me with. I have a BCM 400 4.0 with a PRI with 7 enabled channels. Sometimes on either an incoming or outgoing call we have transmit only. The BCM is running error free and the carrier sees nothing wrong on their end. Any ideas?

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Are you talking about dynamic (Integrated) PRI? What kind of phone are you using and how many? If this is IP phones then your Bandwidth only 448KHz. Each IP phone uses 88KHz. If you have 5 phones at the same time in use you have no more room to play, meaning 6th person will have some trouble. Besides Flex T1 is bad App. by itself. So its definitely comes from T1.

rwindom Offline OP
OP Offline
It is a dynamic PRI, they are using the rest of the channels for data (internet) and even use the voice channels for data if they are not busy. The system uses all T-style phones, about 30-40. They don't have any IP sets. The PRI provider says they can't find anything wrong. (but we've all heard that before)

Have you confirmed with the carrier that they actually only have 7 channels provisioned? We have experienced problems due to this.

BTS
rwindom Offline OP
OP Offline
yes, the carrier said that channels 17-23 are the voice channels. We deprovisioned channels 1-16 in PRI programming (differant then in T1 prog.) We have requested that they increase the available voice channels but they need the customer's OK for this since it will increase their bill.

Are you not supposed to deprovision 8 to 23?.
I am not sure but just a thought....been awhile since I have deprovisioned but thought you would provision the ones up front and not the ones in back.

=---()))))))))---=
www.curlycord.com
[Linked Image from telcopc.ca]
Toronto, Canada

rwindom Offline OP
OP Offline
For some reason the carrier worked the voice channels from the top down. The data channels start at 1 and work up. I have verified this.

30-40 T-series phones is too much for 7 channels. Try to add 3-5 channels and se if problem will go away. Dynamic PRI is a bad product. I had the same issues(one way communications) with 3 of my customers. Only changing to full PRI solved a problem.

rwindom Offline OP
OP Offline
After weeks of back and forth with the carrier, they replaced the Adtran unit. Problem has not happened again. Thanks for everyones help.

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,337
Posts639,040
Members49,785
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,537 Shoretel
190,873 CTX100 install
189,303 1a2 system
Newest Members
gianluca, Micheal C, etel, AVO-IT, wierderal
49,785 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rupert 11
tim10 10
Yoda 10
Toner 8
dexman 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Toner, erniejoey), 120 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024