Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#13419 11/20/06 04:25 AM
OP Offline
The sad thing is "the phone system" always get blamed for voice mail jail. It's all about proper programming.
Common sense should tell you to always have a 0 out option (and to actually use 0). Common sense should tell you to limit the number of levels that the customer has to navigate to get a person. With one exception all my auto attendants have one tier.

Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#13420 11/21/06 11:45 AM
Alot of my customers build HUGE multi-tiered menus trying to give the caller every possible option for info. Too many times I just shake my head & say, "what if YOU were calling in here?"
The customer is usually adament about getting this set up. Also, too many times they insist I turn off the "0" option so as to "force" the caller to "use" the menu options to "find" their info that they are calling about.

:bang:

www.phonelinetech.com

"Can I Still Call Out?"
#13421 11/22/06 02:12 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by IPKII:
"what if YOU were calling in here?"
:bang:
That's it. If you present that question and they don't see the wisdom of it, then trying to argue further is indeed, as the emoticon suggests, banging your head against a wall. It's what radio talk show host Clark Howard calls Customer No-Service.

Richard

Candor - Intelligence - Good Will
#13422 11/26/06 07:30 PM
There's also a point for providing better customer service through call centers and voicemail.

Suppose the point is to give callers the option of either leaving a message for a callback or going into a queue. If the caller can Zero Out, and they all do, then a receptionist has to manually transfer them right back into the queue or to the voicemail box that they would have reached anyway if they hadn't gone Neo-Luddite at the first Electric-Lady voice.

Then they're even more pissed off, because they've been to the queue once, the receptionist once, and the Auto-attendant twice. In the end, the customer has to decide what's acceptable or unacceptable as far as VM layers, queue interflow times, and Zeroing out. As I sometimes tell customers, "I can only advise. I don't make admin decisions."

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,731 Shoretel
189,783 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024