web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#13386 10/24/06 11:55 PM
Hal - Yeah I know the Antex stuff is rather $$$, but it is quality stuff. I would opt for XM over Serius, but Rage's post said Serius. BTW, doesn't Antex have a single play version of Serius now? Hmmm....I'll have to check their web site.
Nope, triple play is all I see. Sorry about the suggestion for big $$$ rage. However, if you can talk customer into XM, then the Antex XM-100 would be a great option.

Bill

Our most valuable products are our knowledge, experience and time.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#13387 10/25/06 12:35 AM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks BillyBob,

I'll see if that is an option. I know they already Serius in thier cars and like the service but you never know till you suggest it smile

#13388 10/25/06 08:50 AM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, looks like Bogen has everything needed for this except for a door chime. Basically would like for it to chime on the overhead speakers when the door opens. Any ideas on this?

Also, for this installation what is considered the best wire to use? I have used Cat5 for paging horns but would rather have something meant for this.

Also, I notice the atenuators are for 10 and 35 watt systems. If I go with the TPU60B that is a 60 watt. Will it still work? Id rather not have to use the AT35 as it is a double gang.

Thanks

#13389 10/25/06 09:38 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Bogen makes a tone generator, https://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/specialelectronicspdfs/TG4Cs.pdf

As long the speaker(s) that are attached to the attenuator do not draw more than 10 watts, the AT-10 will be fine.

We usually use 18 gauge stranded for 70V systems.

#13390 10/25/06 11:10 AM
OK, looks like Bogen has everything needed for this except for a door chime. Basically would like for it to chime on the overhead speakers when the door opens.

I believe the TPU has a tone generator built in, all you need is a contact closure.

Also, for this installation what is considered the best wire to use? I have used Cat5 for paging horns but would rather have something meant for this.

GOD no! Tell me you didn't use CAT5 for speakers! 2 conductor 18ga stranded and twisted is what you want to use. Do not use shielded. Do not use zip cord or anything from Radio Shack. Remember to use plenum where necessary. We use West Penn 25224B which is plenum (CMP), not much difference in price between that and PVC so we only stock plenum.

Also, I notice the atenuators are for 10 and 35 watt systems...

You have some confusion here. The power handling requirement of an attenuator is determined by what you have the speaker or speakers connected to it tapped at, NOT the total output of the amplifier supplying the system. That's why I said AT-10's which are 10 watt units. They should be much more than enough for your single speakers which are probably going to be tapped at 1 watt or so.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
#13391 10/25/06 11:36 AM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the help guys! Hopefully I can help ya'll out someday.

hbis: I figured I'd get that response about the paging horns. My only defense is I was green and listened to a boss that liked to cut corners.

Now I am with a good company and wanting to do it right.

Again, you guys are amazing! And I'll keep reading and see about that tone generator built in.

#13392 10/25/06 01:12 PM
Admin
Admin
Rage the Bogen TPU amps have a built in ringer that can activated by a contact closure you could use that for the door also use at least 18 guage for the speaker lines I prefer 16 gauge unless its all short runs

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
#13393 10/26/06 01:44 AM
Thanks, but kinda leary of Famous right now (i'll spare the details, hopefully its pains from the CSC buyout).
A little off-topic to this particular post, but CSC has just been purchased by YET ANOTHER company, just some trivial FYI.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and panicking like the passengers in his car.

#13394 10/26/06 07:49 AM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks guys, got everything figured out and ordered!

#13395 10/26/06 10:37 AM
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
RIP Moderator-Mitel, Panasonic
HBISS, maybe it's time to put up a little training course on PA ststems.

Think of a 70 volt system (or 25 volt, for that matter) like your 110 Volt home wiring. You can plug a toaster that draws 10 amps in, toast your bread, unplug it and plug a can opener in to open the surplus peanut butter from the federal government. The can opener only needs 1 amp so that's all it draws.

Line operated speaker systems work the same way. The speaker only takes as much as the transfomer is tapped for. Put a 1000 watt amplifier at the head end and that 1 watt speaker won't be any louder that it would be with a 1 watt amplifier.
If, however, you load that 1 watt amplifier with a 2 watt load, the sound will degrade. Overload it enough and you'll get smoke. And you must use transformers for the voltage that you amplifier is putting out, altho most now have 25 and 70 volt choices.

Years ago the Electrical code in Kansas City, MO was changed for 1-2 years saying you had to put 70 Volt paging cable in conduit, because it was high voltage, (and yes it does BITE!) Anyhow, 25 Volt paging became VERY popular for a short time until the powers that be relented and did away with the conduit requirement.

John C.

When I was young, I was Liberal. As I aged and wised up, I became Conservative. Now that I'm old, I have settled on Curmudgeon.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,306
Posts638,894
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,903 Shoretel
189,993 CTX100 install
188,221 1a2 system
Newest Members
Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks
49,770 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
teleco 6
dexman 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 53 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024