web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JJONES Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought that by setting the disconnect supervision on the lines to YES that this would prevent the long tone messages that are the result of a hang up when the caller reaches the mailbox. This is still happening. What can I do to make it stop?

JJ :bang:

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
If you are not receiving disconnect on your lines it won't do any good. Setting it to yes just allows the software to disconnect if the proper signal is received.

[Linked Image]
JJONES Offline OP
OP Offline
This is the best site - I will call the CO in the morning! Thanks Man! smile

Admin
Admin
You need to check for yourself. 98% of the Cos have no idea what disconnect supervision, Cancel on disconnect, etc. is. Chances are you'll have to prove it. Do a search on this board and there are some pretty good tests to prove/disprove disconnect supervision. Good luck. Where is McMinnville? One of my favorite places in Tennessee is Crossville. Went through there in 1985 with wife number??? and almost settled there. Made it back there 2 years ago.

[Linked Image]
While the line is open on a call you should have somewhere around 6V DC. When the person outside the system hangs up you should see a drop to 0V for a second or so. If you see no drop in voltage then your not getting disconnect.

i had a cics with a call pilot that was doing this 2 weeks ago reception had like 20 hang up calls in gen mailbox i tracked it down to one of my ci cards was bad cause i still was getting the problem with the call pilot turned off i replaced the line card and all is good

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,904
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,034 Shoretel
190,240 CTX100 install
188,396 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Yoda 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024