web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#12016 07/13/06 12:52 PM
Rage Maybe between web searchs and info from installers here, you could gain enough information about product line to decide.Seems like this is only option if you like their product.------John

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#12017 07/13/06 12:58 PM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
Not worth my time really....If i can;t even get info I can go other routes! Think about it, if we demanded money up front before giving any info would we be in business?

Im working with NEC right now and so far am very happy with everything they are doing for me. Maybe I'll do strictly NEC and Comdial (or whats left of the Comdial product line).

#12018 07/13/06 02:00 PM
Hay Skip: We met at the Quintum road show in Atlanta last month. That dealer thing is a tricky one. You make the commitment just to find out you've jumped in bed with an organization that may not have the same ethical positions you do. I signed up to be a dealer for two seperate products over the past five years just to tell them thanks but no thanks after reading the fine print (in the dealer agreement and the product technical docs). One of the things I really never look forward to is adding a new product line.

#12019 07/13/06 02:18 PM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
MARK3906: Actually Skip is the owner, Im Roy - Ops Manager/Telephony guy. I am realizing that some companies are worthless to have dealer status for, BUT, i think overall that being a dealer and getting certified can be a good idea. We'll see how NEC does. With the new DSX coming out and the Aspire system it should prove to provide something for all clients no matter the size.

#12020 07/13/06 03:37 PM
Rage If a new customer orders a system from your company,how much upfront deposit required?----John

#12021 07/13/06 03:41 PM
Admin
Admin
Please PM all payment info. We don't want to start bidding wars based upon geographic and local economic differences.

[Linked Image]
#12022 07/13/06 03:54 PM
Rather Be Fishing , point taken,but i was not after money amount,just putting shoe on other foot so to speak,concerning Rage's post about having to pay upfront.------------John

#12023 07/13/06 04:38 PM
DSX is an over the counter system and does not compare even closely to the Aspire in capability or quality. We sell Tadiran ICE and Coral, NEC and ESI. Quite honestly I would not ever consider an over the counter product because I cannot compete with un-certified people working out of their cars, nor would we want to. Yes, we sell phone systems but (more importantly) we also sell service and a partnership with companies we do business with. If someone is ONLY shopping price, I really don't want them as a customer and it's better to part ways before it even gets started. I don't find it odd that Tadiran would require you to buy 10K worth of stock before giving you pricing and capability. I would be surpeised they wouldn't even demo the system and let you see it and what it could do? I know of NO company (other than over the counter)that would give you pricing and all the specifics for any system we sell without being a certified dealer.

#12024 07/14/06 01:59 AM
rage Offline OP
OP Offline
The only deposit we require is helf the ahrdware cost. and thats only after a demo AND getting them info.

Guess I'm the only one that has had issues with this idea so I'll continue what I've been doing and forget new products for now.

Thanks for the conversation though. You guys are great.

#12025 07/14/06 02:28 AM
It seems that we are all taling about two sides of the coin - even though they are in-seperable, they are NOT the same thing.

Having a dealer do a sales presentation and demo, getting the potential customer information and then attempting to sell a system is not the same thing as a supplier/manufacturer requiring payment before specifics are made available.

General information is available on most any system that one could ask, detailed information can be found in a simple search requiring no more than one hour of ones time. Indeed, most any brochure can be had from a manufacturers or a distributors web site, and most manuals can be found with a little searching.

To be brought fully into the fold of a manufacturer, to know the in's and outs, the good and bad, requires that the manufacturer sets up safety measures. Let's all be honest every system in the world has short commings and failures, but for a manufacturer to have that information available to anyone willing to ask would be foolhardy, for them and their dealer base.

For a dealer to do presentations and offer sales and user knowledge is one thing, for a manufacturer to offer proprietary product specifications is another.

Happy sales to all though, dealers or not. In the end it just comes down to making the customer happy with their choice! smile

Steve

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,424 Shoretel
189,189 CTX100 install
187,438 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024