web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ati8923 Offline OP
OP Offline
We have several Meridian phones in our company, and we are experiencing some problems which just one of them. It is an M7310. Problems have occurred ever since the phone was purchased (it was refurbished). Now, after attempting to reprogram autodial #s, whenever a button was pressed the dialog "select a line" would appear, and even if you did select a line, the message continued to appear. We tried to disconnect the phone for a few days, in hopes it would reset itself, but now, when you press a button, it automatically intercoms to one of the other stations (no matter which button you press, it always intercoms this same station). Obviously, this phone is of no use to us now, and we are desperate to find an answer for why it is possessed! Please help.

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

one of the autodial buttons at the top of the set is stuck.remove the plastic covers on the buttons and you will find the stuck button.

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
ati8923 Offline OP
OP Offline
THANK YOU!!! THE SUGGESTION OF REMOVING THE AUTODIAL BUTTONS AND CHECKING FOR ONE THAT WAS STICKING WORKED!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!

ati8923 Offline OP
OP Offline
wait, i lied. now i went back to fixing the rest of the autodial numbers, and when i try to use one, instead of dial an number, it intercoms one of our stations. each button seems to intercom someone else. what does this mean?!

there is a shift key on those phones that allows for two numbers per key, could be setup for internal speed dials (the shift key is a little triangle)

The autodial buttons are programmed for internal intercoms by default.

In Memory of Moderator Bruce Owen who pass away Jan 20 2004.
http://www.owentel.com
ati8923 Offline OP
OP Offline
i reprogrammed all the auto dial keys, and the phone now works! thanks to everyone for all your help!

I just had the same issue, and this was a nice EASY fix - thank you!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ati8923:
i reprogrammed all the auto dial keys, and the phone now works! thanks to everyone for all your help!</font>

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,322
Posts638,968
Members49,779
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,269 Shoretel
190,549 CTX100 install
188,986 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rupert, igor11176, hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310
49,779 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
Rupert 7
tim10 5
lyte 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (dukane123, nortelvoip, Rupert), 141 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024