web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Except for extension to extension, that sounds like it is pulse dialing, not dtmf over trunks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If this site uses Ground Start trunks, test the system ground, and line polarity.
I would also test the DTMF receivers. These systems only have limited number of receivers in them and in a heavy traffic system resources can be taxed.

TSS Offline
OK thanks. I had this problem in the past when I first set up the voicemail. The property had a "B" disk that crashed and I had to reprogram. I don't remember what I changed to eliminate the long delay. Im back with the same problem and it seems to be after I set up the ONS voicemail again. Does this ring any bells?

Some things to check:

In form 26, the only "unknown" should be international (9-011-).
All numbers of digits in the "number to follow" column, plus your digits in the left-hand column, should add up to either 7 or 11, unless you're in an "overlay" area (like Dallas). Then go with 10 or 11 total digits in every entry.

i.e.
1555 + 7("to follow") = 11 digits
972555 + 4 ("to follow") = 10 digits
227 + 4 ("to follow") = 7 digits

If you are using a route list, check all trunks in all trunk groups (through the PBX) as Dr. PBX and 55'er recommended.

Happened after installing ONS VM? Did you create a new COS for the VM ports? Are any of your ONS phones in the VM COS?

Check alarms. Are any receivers busied out?

Longshot: Do a peg count on your CO trunks and receivers.

TSS Offline
I checked form 26, it looks good.

I did make the VM ports a COS. They are the only ones that are in this COS.

I am not too familiar with how the routes work. I have all local calls in dial "9" going to route 4. Is this alright?

I also notice this problem when an incoming call comes in and then is transfered to a room or any other type of extention.

Routes work like this:
A dial string in form 26 is pointed to a route or a route list. For simplicity, let's say it's a route.
Form 23 defines the route, and specifies Trunk Group, Cor Group, and Modified Digit Table.

For simplicity, let's say that there's nothing in the COR group entry (i.e. no automatic toll control).

Your modified digits are not the problem (because the call goes out), so skip that.

The trunk group is important. Go to form 16, and you'll see a list of trunks in that group. You'll need to know the trunks by trunk number, in order from top to bottom. i.e., if the first entry is trunk 10, then 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, and 4, you'll need to know those numbers.

Log out of CDE and go to the console. Press Function, ATT Function, Trunks, then enter the trunk number (i.e. 10). Press Attendant Access. Do you get immediate dial tone? If so, continue.

If not, busy out that trunk and test thoroughly. Did the problem go away? If so, there's your problem. If not, repeat with trunk 9, 8, 7, 6, etc.,

lmb Offline
In the COS, check the value for the Delay Ring Timer. This value defines the length of time after an incoming call seizes a device until ringing is applied. Default is 10 seconds but it can be set for up to 60 seconds.

Also, check the trunk CDN options. Make sure that DTMF is turned on.

You may also have dialing conflicts, in either form 26* or in form 9.

For example, internally (TSS), if you have an extension 6 and an extension 66, the dtmf interdigit timer has to time out to see if you're dialing extension 6.

In form 26, it would work the same way for 1831 + unknown, b/c the timer is waiting for you to dial another digit. when it times out, THEN it outpulses digits.

The 6 Laws/Guidelines of ARS

1. ARS is only as difficult as “you” make it.
2. Separate “all” call types. IE; long distance, international, local, info, etc…
3. The quantity to follow column in form 26, “must” have all “0’s” in it, with the exception of international which is set to UNK for unknown, due to the various lengths of digits required for dialing different countries.
4. Only use form 24 (list form) if someone is going to do you bodily harm or some other terminal threat is before you. (or if you have more than 1 trunk group and want to use a list for the 911 calls)
5. In form 20, the “member” column applies to the COR column in form 9, and if the COR member number is “in” a COR group then it is restricted from dialing number type/s pointed to that group.
6. Never place the letter “X” by itself in the digits to be analyzed field in the subform of form 26.

Mitel Tech,

I see your point on items 3 and 4.

Route lists can be very helpful, but most of the time, a route will do.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,816
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,443 Shoretel
189,212 CTX100 install
187,455 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, justbill, PhoneGuy827), 140 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024