Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
SYSTEM: AVAYA PARTNER ACS R7

Hi everyone:

I'd like to add a door phone with contact closure option so that users can release the door and allow people to enter the building.

A few questions:

1. I don't need a fancy flush-mount doorphone, right? I was thinking of putting an old analog set inside a weatherproof enclosure and assigning it as a door phone. Any problems with that?

2. I'm not sure exactly what components I need to purchase for the install. I'm assuming I need some kind of controller and a contact closure. Could someone provide a list of what's needed to install completely?

3. Once installed, can any extension release the contact closure and allow the door to open, or can only certain extensions do it?

4. What ports need to be free on the ACS to accommodate the door phone and peripherals?

5. There a few occasions when it would be desirable for the door to be in "always open" mode. Is there something that can be done to toggle the contact?

I've read posts on programming the door phone - that seems straight-forward, but I'm just not sure what's needed in terms of extra items. Thanks for your help and feedback.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

1) That would work. Not pretty or secure but it would work. Expect vandals.

2) You need an electric door striker then a relay with power supply. The ACS provides a dry contact closure so you need external power.

I like to use the Viking products instead of cobbling together a solution. The C200 is what you'd want here. It is basically a voice activated relay.

3) Yes, any extension. You define the code in the C200 and any extension can activate the latch. It's all done with TDMF. You just assign the line to a button on whatever extensions you choose, the C200 will ring on them and then connect the person with the door phone. Then they press whatever sequence you define, like **# or whatever to activate the latch.

4) One analog trunk port

5) Not with the C200. Perhaps other designs.

Admin
Admin
Viking makes a rather pricey controller that can be a trunk or station, connected to a single line set, or use a touch tone phone for keyless entry. https://www.vikingelectronics.com/products/pdf/c-2000b.pdf

If you look at discontinued products, you can find the specs for the C-1000 family, a two port controller. It shows up on eBay for about half price of the C2000A.

Adding a bypass is all in the door release mechanism. You can use a NC or NO relay to control it, but keeping the lock voltage on the door at all times might become problematic. Of course you have to deal with power failure and a crash bar for override.

Carl

You don't need the Viking controller. The ACS has the capability for two doorphones and 2 door controls built in. You can use that phone and a Partner contact closure adjunct that plugs into the contact closure port. Then you need to configure the system.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
I thought you need a contact closure adjunct to connect to the contact closure jack?

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally posted by dutch:
I thought you need a contact closure adjunct to connect to the contact closure jack?
Yes, See Hal's post above.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
Hi everyone - Thanks for the replies, as always. I've got a contact closure adjunct now, but still need to get an interface cable to the processor. Is this a special kind of cable, or can I use a standard CAT5 cable and connect it to the processor. I know I have to keep it within distance, but not sure about the cable situation.

Thanks for the continued help.

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
You can use a (D4BU) Partner phone station cable from the processor to the adjunct.

They use to come with one back in the day.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
OP Offline
The doorphone and doorstrike are installed and working properly!! smile Thanks to everyone for your help.

One last question that I can't figure out - it seems that when one presses the doorphone button and the phone sets in the doorphone group "ding dong", they only play the sound once, while the green light keeps blinking. I waited a pretty long time waiting to see if it would chime a second time. Will it chime again after a little while, or is that something I have to adjust in programming?

Thanks again.

No, you only get one chime per push of the doorphone button or in your case lift of the handset.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,319
Posts638,938
Members49,777
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,211 Shoretel
190,430 CTX100 install
188,843 1a2 system
Newest Members
hamishegg, Rphoneguy, Kahm310, PeterG, lyte
49,777 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 16
dans 5
lyte 4
whoami 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 113 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024