Originally posted by hbiss:
I just looked at Cablevision's hunting and there is a circular option. They describe it as:

Circular: This option varies the starting point for the hunt group and allows for an even distribution of calls within the group. Calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed. The hunt will then follow the sequence as indicated in the Hunt Sequence.

What the hell does "calls will be routed to the first idle line starting with the line directly after the line of which the last call was completed" mean? Sounds more like ACD to me.

-Hal
That is exactly what circular hunting is... incoming calls start with the next line/extension after the line on which the last call was completed... the term "idle" in the description simply means it would go to the next line if the one immediately after the line used for the last call was busy.

ACD goes to the longest idle "agent" .... so the calls could go to any of the lines in the group regardless of which line was used for the last call ... it would just depend on which one had been idle the longest.

Regardless of the terminology the way they are handling the calls is ridiculous... and i agree their switch has the capability to hunt "normally" ... they just don't have people on staff who know how to program it!