I have been testing the Uniden ELT-560 and the Plantronics CT-12. MWI light, Caller ID and Caller ID on Call Waiting work well on TeleVantage which is a PC PBX designed to work wtih 2500 sets. I am about to test them on the Partner R7. I realize that Caller ID and MWI won't work but I'll find out what kind of functionality I can get out of them with the ACS.

What is prompting me to do this testing is that I have a client that wants a phone system for their retail store and I am looking at TeleVanatge R7 on the high end and the Partner ACS R7 on the low end. They want an easy to use system about 25 key phones and five cordless telephones that can be used to intercom each other, take calls off of hold, hold / park calls, and transfer calls. The building is 400’ by 300’ with most of that space open. The signal may need to pass through from 1 to 3 sheet rock / metal stud walls. I have never installed more than one or two cordless phones in an office other than my own where I have four of them. The Installation and Use manual for the 3910 says if you want to use 2 or 3 of them, keep the base units at least 5 feet apart. But they don’t mention how many can be used. I also read that the 9040 has better range than the 3910, but have no idea what that may mean in real world use.