The 401A is a manual intercom card that basically just feeds battery to a T/R line appearance on your phones. If one station user presses their (intercom) button and another presses their button they can converse. As I recall, the 401A provides lamp supervision to light the intercom buttons when the intercom talk path is in use, but I could be wrong. There is no signaling. Normally you would have to set up a manual buzzer system to alert another extension to pick up.

So the T/R from that card is designed to connect to the T/R on a phone. Audio with 48 VDC battery. Not meant to connect to an amp to provide paging. It would probably do something if you use an amp with a mic input, but if there is no DC isolation you could damage the amp.

What you need is an ATA like a Valcom-V2000 (T/R in, audio out) or that Melco KA-390. Actually, if you use the Valcom you can just use another 400 line card because the Valcom can be connected to a trunk as well.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.