Just to update you guys...
It really seems like I have two cards that have the same or very similar issue. When I swapped the new card from from 3 to 1 it failed within minutes. I'm thinking the number of phones as the load makes a difference in how long it takes to fail. The old known good card moved to slot 4 seemed to work just fine. However, since I knocked out the main 16 users, I had to quickly swap back. Once the new failing card was back in slot 4 it seemed odd as if it would come back online and then off again when I touched the card. Maybe it was coincidental, because I wasn't able to make it come back online every time. I'm still suspicious that there could be something up with the back plane or cabinet itself.

Even without the amphenol connected the status LED goes from fast flash to normal and then back again. So, that rules out cabling or bad phones.

I believe the software is 17C or D. I worked further with distribution, and they even contacted one of their old pros and conferenced me in. I used hyperterminal and accessed some ilogs with the special seed number back door thing. The logs didn't reveal a specific port as being a troublemaker. The FX expert guy mentioned "demon" phones and/or cabling, but that went out the window when slot 4 went offline w/o amphenol connected. He also had me verify circuits in cabinet view to check for database corruption. I guess a bad DB sometimes doesn't show all circuits on the card. The FX expert said after all we did it seems to be a card or the cabinet.

So, at this point it seems to be my original failed card & one that came from distribution that fails after some time in use. I'm not super confident, but I'll see what happens when a new card shows up this afternoon. Probably install it tomorrow.

Last edited by tylan; 11/28/18 10:17 AM.

Business IT & Telephony Solutions
https://www.dsitechservices.com