BIngo!

I used the ARP as suggested and DID find an entry for 10.0.0.41 as a Dynamic address. I do not have access to their router and the MAC did not ring any bells. I did a -d on it and plan to wait and see if a device gives grief. I will also tell their IT dept to exclude the 10.0.0.42 as well as the 10.0.0.22 address of the IPO. I can only imagine the frustration of finding your TV giving intermittent IP conflicts then dropping off (probably mid testing). I had one at a hospital that The monitors on one desk would scramble daily. Took 3 visits to catch it happening. It was only when the X-RAY machine in the next office was in use. Turned out that the lead shielding between the walls ground wire was disturbed during a service call on it. Nurses freaked out knowing they had been being exposed for nearly 2 months.

They HAVE been doing substantial upgrades to their huge wireless network in the compound. An odd new device, AP or more likely the router was replaced without using the existing exclusions could explain everything except why it didn't ping. Maybe the device is like the girlfriend who won't listen either? Uhhhh.. This IS a private forum isn't it? bolt

Sadly I had to give up my REAL van for economic reasons and my HHR doesn't have enough room to carry everything at once. I am in a constant state of shuffling stuff for various types of jobs. Generally I rely on client spares onsite to use. Kind of like in The movie We Were Soldiers when the colonel says "I won't need to jump with an M16. there will be plenty of them lying around on the ground".

I'm glad It's up too. This has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Even if the client isn't screaming, I HATE out of service conditions.

Fortunately, If there is a billing battle, it will be the company that contracts me in the fight. We've had this issue before as THEY are my customer not their end user. I do the work, I bill them. They mark it all up and bill their client. As a subcontractor to them I am paid 1st and they hopefully collect from theirs. I have never been to court about any work. She on the other hand has taken her company MANY time and considers herself an expert on it. I'd rather keep my customers happy than litigate.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Ralph

Last edited by Not_sirius; 06/28/18 03:44 PM. Reason: grammar