On the other hand as for learning the NEC/NFPA/BOCA/ADA codes so I can spout off chapter and verse
is NOT likely to happen. The best reason is that in October of this year I will be seventy two (that is 72) years old.

For LV work you only have to know the applicable parts of NEC Art. 725 then 800 on up that applies to your work. That's maybe less than 10 pages of material. Anything before 725 does not apply unless someplace in that 725 and 800 on up refers you back to a specific Article. This is why clearances around LV equipment aren't applicable like they are for electrical equipment. There is a lot of the NEC that is poorly written, ambiguous or just not enforceable. For instance, there is nothing to stop you from putting a patch panel and switch or a KSU above a hung ceiling as long as it isn't a return-air space- or even behind that refrigerator. Stupid, yes. Would I even be a part of it? Absolutely not. And the inspector really has nothing to say about it.

This customer wouldn't be a woman would it? devil

By the way, you've got me beat by two months. I'll be 72 in August you youngster.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 05/26/18 12:16 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.