I've worked on a DCS, but not an iDCS. Today a customer new to us called after not being able to record a new greeting for the main number on their iDCS-16. They swapped the phone where that's usually done, an 18D, with a 24D. Still couldn't access the programming, so they put the phones back. Previously the 16D x204 had 2 CO line keys on the top row, and 3 DS keys on the bottom. Pressing those keys does nothing . If I dial 702 and 703 (they don't have a trunk in 701) I get the CO line and can dial out - during that time the corresponding keys where they were illuminate green. I can also dial other stations successfully manually, like 201, 202..etc.

I tried programming the keys via Transfer 107, pressing the CO key on the top row shows CALL1 -->. If I scroll to a phone where the CO keys work, I believe it dispayed 01:Tk702 or something like that. If I go back to 204 (phone I'm programming from) and press the 2nd CO key it dispayed 02:CALL1 -->, pressing the station key on the far left bottom row showed 06:None, Vol up went to 07:None (same if I pressed that key). I can position the cursor under 204 or 06, 07 etc, but not under the word None or CALL1. I assume I need to do that to change the function? I tried every button, the manual says the round button is a scroll button, that does nothing. Could some of the phone's keys be bad? Not all are since I can press a key on the top row to show 01:, and below that will show 06 which is logical. I'm going to see if the customer has another 18D they can try.