There is a difference between being legal and getting caught. I followed the “Beta Wars” back in 1976. Disney and Columbia both sued Sony for making and selling VCRs. The Supreme Court ruled that a VCR could be used for “Time Shifting“ broadcast programming only. When a friend of mine bought a beta machine the dealer sold him a Star Wars tape. I told him the tape was bootleg and he did not believe me. Later he went back to the dealer and the FBI had collected all of the dealer’s tapes.

Do any of you remember a pizza place called Shotgun Sams? They had a piano player and sometimes a banjo player who would lead the customers in singing songs. They had to stop singing Hello Dolly. Everyone should know what happened to Napster.

When/If You go to church look in the song book at the bottom of the pages. Some of the songs are copyrighted. For that reason, our church had to stop recording the song service and only record the sermon for a short while about 15 years back. Now there is a church license for music that churches can get.

Here is my last example. The sports stadiums of our nation are not big enough to hold all of the drivers who exceed the legal speed limit. The faster a drive goes the greater chance of getting a ticket. The bigger you are the greater chance of getting caught bootlegging music.