No the Call Router is used for the same type of routing that the Call Routing Tables do. It was orignially setup to be used for the auto day/nite mode on/off and for the ease of programming call routing however it was abandoned primarily because of the fact that the operator wasn't always up front right at a particular time every morning, they needed to control day/nite manually and the need to still get into system admin to setup nite routing of the calls thru the Call Routing table. This rendered the application pretty much unecessary except for one item which is why I'm trying to get it operational again.

The problem using the system Call Routing tables has to do with the way the incoming calls display on all of the answering phones.

The receptionist handles calls for many different companies, this is an executive suites business and she has to be able to see the name of the business that is programmed into the Call Routing table description or in the Call Router description for that particular number so that she can answer the call with the correct business name.

Incoming calls route to the main recept ext 1500 which forwards immediate to a system forwarding path that rings hunt grp 2000 that has the members of that hunt defined in a POO group with all the ringing phones, ext's 1500, 1501, 1502, so the calls ring all three phones at the same.

When the calls route thru the Call Router app the calls ring all three phones in the POO group and display the name that is programmed in the Call Router description for that specific number so any ringing phone can answer the call with the correct business name however if they ring thru the system Call Routing table only the receptionist by way of Axxessory Console shows the name defined in the Call Routing table the phones only display the "hunt group name" + "forward from reception" for the ringing call.

I have tried many different ways of ringing the calls using the Call Routing tables but the results are the same, no Call Routing table description name shows up on the phone display. I have also tried turning certain station features that pertain to the station display for a ringing call, on and off without any luck as well.

I think this has to do with the Call Router app using the OAI layer to communicate with the system that gives it the ability to deliver that name on the phone display with the call just like the Axxessory Console receives that same name but can receive it no matter how the call routes thru the system.

I really appreciate the fact that you have taken quite a bit of your personal time to provide some useful questions and answers that have helped me out with this problem and I thank you in advance for any added assistance.