Another really good line card is the ITT 400E. I have a number of them and they work very well. Some of the later 400 cards from Western Electric, most notably the 400H, are complete crap. As I recall, the 400G's were ok, but the H cards were just sucky. I have a couple I bought years ago, not knowing and I tore them out 10 minutes after I put them in. I like the ITT 400E cards. They have jumpers to configure the kind of ringing, and have provisions for music on hold. We could start another complete thread about MOH, but suffice it to say, do not connect a music source to more than one 400E card without the proper isolation card, a 403. Otherwise you end up with really bad crosstalk. Most people would just connect MOH to the primary line and call it a day.

The main issue I had with Western's 400H card was putting a call on hold. The microprocessor on the board requires the hold button to be depressed for something like 2 seconds in order for it to work. It sounds dumb, but 2 seconds is forever when you are used to just pressing a button momentarily like any normal human would press a button. As such, you would end up with a lot of dropped calls, and what good is that?

I don't see many of the ITT 400E cards on Ebay, but every time I've acquired some kind of 1A2 panel it usually had a pile of them installed. I've only had one fail on me and it was just a bad diode. I replaced the single diode and the card worked fine again. Might be something to consider if finding Western cards that ring up on bridged ringing is getting difficult.

I refuse to pay $20 and up for a line card, and the few Iss. 15's I've seen on ebay recently are in that price range. The 5 I have I got at the TCI show in Lancaster, PA back in June. If you're into old phones and stuff, you should look into joining TCI. They have a fall show in September in Springfield, IL and you may be able to pick up a bunch of parts for very little coin. The people are awesome and very friendly. They can help you with ANYTHING phone related, trust me on that. Telephone Collectors International website.