This brings back memories of my days with cable and I doubt much has changed since then. Firstly you need to remember that Comcast has an exclusive contract(franchise) with the municipality and they use that to quash any completion. Why do you think they are able to screw you?

If it can be said that your homeowner association is private property- yes they can do whatever they want within the confines of the property, but at some point it has to be fed from someplace off-property and that's not going happen even if you are only looking for internet.

Back in the old days there used to be companies (us for instance)that would install and maintain a TV system for places like yours supplied by off-air antennas and/or a dish. Residents would pay the HOA, Condo or Co-Op associations. But now you are looking at not only video but phone and internet and that's not something that can be "manufactured" on site. All of those installations have been taken over and interconnected with the local cable companies long ago.

So my point is IMO it's very unlikely your idea is going to go anywhere unless something like Verizon wins a competing franchise which would make it financially feasible.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.