Hello,
I just purchased a "bright orange" ITT SlimLine phone. I think its from the 70s. It has the big funky looking jacks for the line cord and handset cord, and the handset cord is the thick round cord. The phone's base is metal, and the phone is VERY heavy for a small phone. I cant dial out on the phone. I know that some older analog phones, like 500, 2500 sets, a lot of times will not break dial tone, because they are analog. I have a VOIP phone system, Vonage, and ALL my old 500, 2500, WE trimline, etc... will dial out. this one will not. you cant even hear the tones when u press the buttons on the keypad, which makes me think there might be something wrong with the phone itself. the keypad in the handset doesn't light up either, but it will ring in, and you can talk on it, has dial tone. the light could be burned out, if its a bulb, and not a LED, or it needs a separate transformer for the light. what do you guys think. Its a real pretty phone, would like to make it function like it should.

Bob