As I continue to service the 100 or so Vodavi/Vertical legacy systems that I have in the field and find tech support a challenge to come by, me personally, I would never invest a penny in another Vertical product. I sell the SBX as a simple down and dirty key system, copper dial tones, square key or front ended by an Auto Attendant. Its cheap, it plays cheap and I am honestly too lazy to take the time to find another low end product. If they pull another discontinue on the SBX, I will find something else at the low end. We had a system go down last week at a multi site school district, the usual non sense with the battery on the MPB failed. We brought a spare card to site then realized it was a networked system and we cannot get a network SW code from Vertical so we had to field repair the battery. Can you imagine? These systems are barely 5 years old, no support. Vertical lost me a while ago and I am never going back to them on a system that is anything but low end and almost disposable.

phoneguy1