Hey guys,
This last weekend I happened to be going to Portland and had the opportunity to be invited to see Phil's setup down in Salem.
I have to say that the pics he has does not do justice to everything he has set up down there. Manual switchboard, toll switchboard, fully functional step by step switch, Crossbar switch.. So many phones I wouldnt guess to count and a whole rainbow room of basically all models of 1A2 phones in all colors.

We walked into the switch room and I was blown away. at the touch of a button he fired up the test calls to the step by step switch and the thing came to life. Just simply amazing. I spent over 3 hours there and my brain is still melted. I had always lamented not ever being able to see an electromechanical switch in operation. Now I have. It was awesome.

Phil, thanks so much for having us out. I'd love to come visit again. Especially to take some video of the switch running. Everyone else: If you have the opportunity to be in the neighborhood get ahold of Phil and try to visit. Its the Disneyland for phone nerds! smile
Shawn

Last edited by Dimension Seven; 06/09/14 10:30 PM.