I have a TA624 unit with the KX-TA62493 caller ID option. 3x8 second extension & CO card and doorphone/opener cards. I have taken it out of service set aside while we use a newer DECT 6 cell-2-bluetooth single line unit that I hate. Well I need to go to 2 lines soon and I miss the doorphones, hands free intercom, TVS50 answering machine, etc of it. I also have a music on hold box with it.

ANYWAY one thing that bugs me is the caller ID part. I thought it was a limitation of the CID card but I noticed a post somewhere that someone had CID on a TA824 with one line display phones and one person mentioned using the # key while it's on hook and ringing to toggle back and forth and another said to get KX-T7735 or KX-T7736 phones as they are multiline (as far as display) and would show name AND number at the same time rather than name OR number. Is this the same on the TA624 PBX Caller ID card? I ask because I think I remember having to select either name or number in the setup (system has been disconnected for about 9 months now).

I would like to keep my TA624 and TVS50, put it on an new backboard but maybe get phones with multiple line displays, or be able to flip-flop/toggle name to number and back with a keypad touch. I would rather be able to toggle right now then slowly pick up phones capable of name AND number and then sell my present one line units as I replace them, if the CID card will send both name and number data from the TA624.

Essentially I know about cabling this stuff and can do setups and all but the only real phone I mess with (PBX/KEY wise) is my own. I leave the other things to people that have been doing this for some time and pick their brains when I need to know something. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Oh before it slips my mind. I assume I can use plain non-proprietary phones in the system too? Does the CID display on those or does it only come down the 2 data wires of the 4 on each extension?

Last edited by Russ Blakeman; 08/19/13 05:21 PM.