I think that alot of factors come into play here. I cannot believe that it is just a problem isolated to a particular service provider or to a specific tower. I have seen the problem with Cingular phones as well as Nextel. I do not believe it is solely a tower issue, as I have seen the problem at sites that have towers at different distances away. Some towers are a mile and some as many as 10 miles away.

I have two customers at Hartsfield airport. Both are in the same building. One is in suite 210 the other is in suite 255. One has a Nortel CICS,the other an older Panasonic DBS. Both are owned by the same parent company. Both use Nextel cell phones. The Nortel has no problems or complaints.The DBS has alot of issues with bleed over through the sets on the desks. The customer mentions this each time I go on-site. And the answer is always the same, If it only makes the noise when your cell phone is too close to your desk phone or computer then, MOVE THE DAMN CELL PHONE.

I would like to find the answer/solution to this problem too. I have several customers that would be happy to find a way to eliminate it. However, I think the only credible answer will have to come from a Cell engineer. Does anyone here know one they can ask?

Richard
AVAYA-NORTEL-SAMSUNG-PANASONIC-MITEL
www.acceleratedtelecom.com