John -

That number doesn't ring a bell (excuse the pun) with me. It depends who manufactured the phone: ITT, Western Electric, Stromberg-Carlson, or someone else.

A quick question - are the buttons arrayed along the bottom in a horizontal row, or are they in a vertical row along the right side of the phone?

And is the phone rotary or touch tone?

The ITT (and I believe the Western Electric) models were either 576 or 577 models (2576 & 2577 for touch tone).

The part number for those companies would look something like: 257600BA30M

That would be a Tone Dial ("2" prefix), 3 line each with hold (576), in Black (color code 00), Straight line ringer (BA=bell assembly), terminated with 'spade' terminals on individual connectors (code 30), with a "metropolitan" dial [letters and numbers] (code 'M')

Or it might be a: 57705LR40R

That would be a Rotary Dial (no "2" prefix), 3 lines each with hold and having the 'exclusion' feature (577), Green (color code 05), No ringer (LR= less ringer), Plug ended connection, (code 40), with a "regular" dial [having numbers only] (code R)

There are of course other options and codes, but this should give you an idea about one type of phone. I no longer have prints for that model of Stromberg-Carlson sets and I'm not sure if Automatic Electric or Northern Electric ever made one - but let us know what you have and we'll try to help.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"