Originally posted by Lightninghorse:
SS, you missed it. He's using an ITT601 KSU and it has NO BB/BG. Doesn't need it, was a limited capability 1A2 KSU. Strictly CO lines and 10 Station IC. WE551's had more P/S and more flexibility, no question about it. Note that there were DC buzzers and bells used in the telco industry, early on. They became obsolete pretty quick, granted. Adjusting the contacts that made them work was probably the main reason, ya think! All that said, we are all having 1 h-ll of a good time watching Matt grow into the latest and greatest (And possibly the only)1A2 tech in the greater KC area. (Ahhh, the memories) smile frown John C. (Not Garand)
Thanks John! Gotta say I'm having just as much fun - glad to hear you guys are getting a kick out of it as well. This stuff just fascinates me for some reason.... looking at a bunch of wires and 66 blocks, wondering how in the h*** is this all going to come together, and then suddenly (in my case with a great deal of help) ... the light comes on. VERY satisfying. I think this is the first hobby I've had in years that I truly enjoy. Anyway, thanks for the kudos!

- Matt