Here's one I need help figuring out.
There is a radio station that has had an "fx"line as one of its request lines for years. This is a line from a different city that "appears" as a local call at the radio station. A Qwest tech has told me there are no facilities for this in the originating city, so it must be some sort of call forwarding to another co in the other town. The Qwest tech told me that it is a "designed circuit".
At the radio station demarc, the 3 request lines are paralleled, one leg to the phone system, and the other leg to the "phone board" that puts the call "on air" on the radio. This has worked fine on the same equipment for years. Now a problem has cropped up... When a call is answered on the fx request line on the phone system and placed on hold and retrieved again on the phone system all is ok. But.... when the call is answered on air and put on hold via the "phone board" the call is dropped. The other request lines are regular local pots lines and have no trouble. When the fx line is swapped with a regular pots line on the phone board, the problem follows the fx line....A second phone board has the same symptoms.....

I'm going to guess all vendors are going to stand in a circle and point to the right saying its the other guys fault! Any ideas? Loop current maybe? The customer says nothing has changed and the problem just started last week.

Thanks for any input.
Z102.9