Originally posted by SidneySM:
I can't believe my luck in coming across this thread (through general web searching) — I just got my hands on a TS22L earlier today and am trying to figure out what's going on with it, and had been suspecting the internal battery. I've also been searching for a place for telecom discussion — I'm sure I'll be sticking around here.

So, is there a chance that the CR2032 being low could cause further issues? Checking testpoints, it looks like it's at 0.7 V. Inside, this TS22L appears to be in perfect condition (no scorch marks smile ) but it's completely nonfunctional. At one point, I managed to turn on the external speaker and listen to the line, but that's it.

I can see some change in resistance when flipping the hookswitch, but it's not taking the line off hook and I can't hear any clicks or changes in volume when listening on another extension. The internal speaker's silent, the line check LEDs are dark, and the keypad doesn't produce tones.

Sorry to jump onto the board demanding answers, but... any ideas?
----

Hello Sidney...
[Linked Image from fantasycostumes.com]

well, now that that's outta the way wink

----

welcome

Welcome to the board!

----

When you say "turn on the external speaker and listen to a line"

Are you on dial-tone, off-hook, then turn on the speaker and can hear dial-tone?

If so, sounds like it is working...but if you can not break dial-tone, when off-hook, off speaker (on the receiver), then that is a different issue.

As far as I've ever experienced with mine... I have had the 9V battery die... been removed and can still use it in non-speaker form (receiver mode). I would assume that the only thing the 9V battery powers is the speaker (I do not know for sure, that's why I say assume)

Now I just spent a minute "googling" and found a link to a PDF of the specs for the TS22L ---> click here

The internal battery (3V) would be my guess for the rest of the problems you state.

The odd thing is, I thought the line check LED's were line powered... as well as keypad tones.

Try replacing the 3V and see if that clears it up first... they are cheap.

- Tony
Ohio Data LLC
Phone systems, data networks, firewalls and servers in Central Ohio.
Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected.