Hey Astro94 I see you are from CA. Am I totally wrong here or just been lucky on every BP request so far? Since I left AT&T in 1984, BP's were a simple phone call as long as you had the information to verify the account.

Real RJ21X's are pretty rare up here. Most of the MPOEs I go to, there is nothing more than the 66 blocks on the green board of the building terminal to punch down to. On CT installs they frequently didn't send a tech to even mark it much less put up a proper interface with bridge clips for isolation. Calling repair service to find out what BP was on a new install was common. Up until this call it has never been much of an issue.

I must admit on new installs during the past year or so I am beginning to see torn off pieces of paper skewered on a piece of wire with the number & BP wrapped around the fanning strip next to the BP row. If it isn't an open building terminal, even these tags for the numbers are often inside the can.

Believe me I am more than happy to leave the OSP techs to do their work, However it is the only place they leave to connect the switch to Dial tone.