Hello everyone. I am new here and pretty much a novice when it comes to VOIP systems. So please bear with me.

I work in a medium sized medical practice. We have 3 offices and use a ESI-200 phone system. My 2 remote offices connect to my main office with a point to point T-1’s. The T-1’s support both Voice and Data. My problem is very poor voice quality coming from my remote offices.

I have tried many things to correct this problem but, nothing seems to help. First, I verified that my T-1’s were performing up to standard and they were not getting excessive errors and dropped packets. I also made sure to enable the QOS on the bridges. I have even had my T-1 vendor test and monitor the lines for any issues and they are coming back clean.

I have installed HP ProCurve 1810G layer 2 switches at each remote office and configured the VLAN’s to give the VOIP traffic priority over the data. Still no good. Obviously I am missing something or doing something wrong.
Has anyone else had these types of issues? If so, how did you handle them? ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

1 more thing. Does anyone know of a good monitoring software program for monitoring the performance of my VOIP system? I have tried several and none of them seem to work.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

Mike