Hello All,

To start off, I am not a Reseller of ESI nor do I install them.
This question is being submitted by a network guy

We seem to have a problem with a client that has an ESI-100 IP system.

All phones are IP local, 2 phones are at a remote location. IP
Main system has 4 POTs lines for inbound and outbound calls.
Location is now connected by a VPN with FiOS on both sides.
FiOS lines have static IP’s VPN and is stable.
Round trip pings to remote site are about 11ms no jitter
Round trip Local network <1ms steady

We are getting complaints about the remote IP phone getting echo or one side of the phone conversation can not hear the other. NOTE: this also does happen at the main location going out to POTs sometimes also
I ran a ping plotter test for about a week and noticed many drops to the ESI Phones.

I would get a good ping for a bit, then a packet would drop. Then a good ping for a bit. Then maybe two drops.

All other ping to other remote devices do not drop.

Even Locally, I will get a drop to IP phones every so often.

We are using the same managed switches, and firewall as we do at other locations with VoIP systems with out problems

I have QoS as much as I can on the switches and Router, still drops.

My self at our office, we have remote IP phones connect across a VPN that has around 45ms round trip and we do not get any of these problems. We are not using ESI for our system.

The ESI vendor is insisting it is a network problem. But, I my eyes drops should never happen to a device. Or as many as I see to the ESI devices.

This is now the second site we followed behind this vendor. We had the same drop packet problem with another client, but I was told ESI is a proprietary system and the drop packets were fine. This was normal. We put a different switch in for that Job and router just for the phone system and remote phone. Problem was still there.

Well, as a network guy Drop packets are not fine. 

Any help would be great.
PS. I do not know any Firmware version or nothing else that is configured on the phone system. The vendor will not let me look at it with Him.

Thanks in advance for your help.