RexburgPhoneCenter,

I would have LOVED to have kept AT&T, believe me - none of this craziness would have had to happen.

However, I could not get ANYONE at AT&T to contact me - ohhhh, I finally found someone who talked to me one time and said he would get back to me - then I contacted him again when he didn't get back; once again he promised to get back with me but never did. AT&T's rates would have been just about the same as Bell South, but I couldn't get anyone to go forward with a contract. I tried. . . . . .believe me, I tried. When our contract expired, our rates went up an additional 27 cents a minute. New management at the time didn't realize the impact of having a contract expire - they just paid the high rates for about a year and a half until I said, ya know, we ought to do something about this. . . . why pay 3 times what you could be paying.

Now, in retrospec, I would have tried harder to get a response from AT&T. We used to have a great AT&T representative who was always there for us but when I contacted him he said AT&T had downsized so much that it would be hard to find me a rep; he was in an entirely different field himself. He finally furnished me the name of one, but as I said, it didn't go very far.

So, that's why I didn't stick with AT&T!! I should have be more aggressive, I guess, but on the other hand, I had Bell South calling me everyday, promising me the moon and the stars with no effort on our part as the Sales Rep said "All it will request is just a "flip of the switch" - HA!!!