Hi Howard (bigjoke) -

If you need any further detail on the finer points of programming beyond what the manual tells you, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

It sounds like you've found your basic answers, but to elaborate on your other questions, here's my two cents:

You can assign on a Per Line basis what happens on the inbound rings 1, 3, 5 & 9. These can be programmed to ring any number of extensions (or departments) and/or be answered by the Auto Attendant, a Voicemailbox, Informational mailbox, etc.

Additionally, you can assign this setting for different time periods (for instance day or night) which are further defined in the Auto Attendant Day/Night tables.

Keep in mind that if you set the ringing assignment to ring x100 on Rings 1 & 3, and then have the auto attendant ID1 answer on ring 5, you may only have x100 ring 3 times because of the delay caused by inbound caller ID processing between rings 1&2.

If you're using the standard Auto Attendant, and you want it to answer on Ring 1, you would set Ring 1 to ID1.

If you want to transfer a call to a mailbox before answering the call, you would want to use an Informational Mailbox as the target of the inbound ring assigments, becuase the Informational Mailbox has a Call Forward function.

Depending on what you'd actually like to see happen, you may want to explore using the Auto Attendant recording capability to perform some recording playback / transfer / ring function.

If you elaborate further on your requirements, I could tell you some more.

Cheers - Stephen

------------------
Stephen Joyce, Terminal Solutions, Inc.
tsinc.com sjoyce@tsinc.com