Questions -

It didn't come with the 'launch cables.' From what I can tell, this is just the ST 1m patch cords for both main and remote ends. You use these to set the reference mode by coupling them together and letting the CertiFiber figure the loss of the patch cords so it can subtract that from the cable run you are testing. That makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is the official 'launch cable kit' costs more than I paid for this thing used. Won't ANY two ST<>Coupler<>ST patch cords do the trick? I mean, if it measures power and loss, then subtracts it, who cares? Don't have to be specifically 1m if I have spare 3m cords?

OK the next thing - this unit can use 850nm and 1300nm LED power (my old one just did 850nm). Just leave it at 850nm or what is the advantage of 1300nm (sorry, fiber noob).

With aqua 10-gig 50um fiber vs 62.5 I assume all the above apply as long as 50um patch cords are used.

I do love this little unit so far - especially that it uses AA batteries instead of the always failing nicad batteries of my Pentascanner Cat5e unit.