Just a couple of minor corrections. Our electrical code is the CEC, or Canadian Electrical Code. Each province has it's own amendments to the CEC.

The CSA is the Canadian Standards Association. In Canada we can use products that have the CSA stamp as well as the stamp of Underwriters Laboratories of Canada, C-UL. Some products carry both stamps.

In British Columbia we have a Lo-Voltage limited electrical ticket for low voltage cable installers. Low voltage cabling must be undertaken by someone who holds the Lo-Voltage certification, or someone working under the supervision of someone who holds the certification.

Surdel: I know from your PMs that you are serious about wanting to work in this industry, and wanting to learn how to do the job properly. Unfortunately I think you are finding your way into companies who are capitalizing on a booming economy and hiring anyone willing to call themselves a technician. You won't learn anything but bad habits where you are now, and you will probably give up on the industry completely. There are legit companies out there who will hire someone looking to be trained. You just have to look a little harder. Find some interconnects in your area, put in a resume, be honest about your skill level and your enthusiasm. Don't wait to see a help wanted ad either, just get your resume out there.

Of course there's also the option to take more schooling. I know of a college in Kelowna with a great program. wink