Like Bill, I want to hear more about what actual problem is being experienced with the circuit and equipment. Seeing B8ZS on an AMI isn’t really getting to the meat of the matter.

Dexman, Just bill,
I think you two are missing each other one finer point of ya’lls discussion. smile
I’m gon-na paraphrase so hope I’m not misquoting or misunderstanding either of ya… cool
Bill’s correct in saying that a B8ZF facility will carry an AMI circuit all day every day.
Paul is correct that a mis-optined piece of equipment can turn a circuit into a piece of steaming poo! eek

Customer orders a T1 service D4/AMI... There’s a real good chance it will be carried over T3 or STS-1 virtual time slot B8ZS over its entire path end-to-end. BUT equipment and ports along the way… Fiber MUX ports, HDSL etc. will still need to be optioned for AMI at the DS1 level.

If the T1 AMI order is incorrectly engineered and built the entire T1 circuit was provisioned B8ZS. Since that’s what nearly all customer T1’s are now days, it would be easy enough to do. There’s a real good chance the end-users AMI equipment will work just peachy. Also good chance no one will ever realize there’s a problem. 'Til there's a maintenance or repair issue that is. mad

Now let’s say that same T1 AMI order is engineered correctly and ALMOST wink built correctly. Let’s say just one piece (again port or HDSL card) is mis-optioned for B8ZS where everything else along that circuit path is optioned AMI as ordered. Ain’t nuthin’ gon-na work right in this scenario.

-----------------------
Bryan
LEC Provisioning Engineer
Cars -n- Guitars Racin' (retired racer Oct.'07)