Wow, that's good to hear. I have two sitting here that I was going to send off for repair. Now I know what to do with them. There is no easy way to replace the battery. It's soldered to the circuit board which is all covered with a heavy epoxy conformal coating. Even though I have extensive experience with component level repair, I would not attempt this one. Maybe someone with military electronics experience knows the trick to not destroying the PC board to just get at the battery. My opinion of Harris has dropped into the sub-basement for doing something like that. As far as I'm concerned replacing the battery is only a temporary fix since it will continue to fail so really the TS22 series are throw aways.

Off topic on a side note, I find it disgraceful that information about a class action regarding one of our primary tools was published in a sparkie magazine. It just goes to show how fragmented and close to extinction our business has become. We don't even have our own publications to keep our members informed.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.