The ML-8000 was a huge hit around here with all of the government agencies. C&P Telephone/Bell Atlantic/AT&T, etc. installed these things all over the place to the extent that they were practically disposable.

I wish that I hadn't thrown so many of them away.

Sam, the ML-8000 provided 1A2 intercom for up to 80 stations with separate line appearances on a key. It was a private intercom (quazzi PBX), where private T/R and LG/L were provided. Depending upon the number of link cards (two links each, up to four cards), there could be up to eight private conversations. Called parties received flashing lamp, options for single or repeated buzz,etc.

They also had a card to provide off-premise stations or SLT's with ringing provided across T/R. Pretty sophisticated at the time for sure. That bad boy was chock-full of options for sure.

I priced the components to build one of these systems through Graybar back in the day and almost went into cardiac arrest. They were VERY expensive, but since Bell was renting them to the government, money was no object. I'm not kidding.......These things were as common as line cards around here!

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX