Business Phone Systems

Support Service-Disabled Veterans!
Discount software from Direct Deals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hi everyone I'm new to this site but I'm not new to the Vodavi phone systems. I have a Starplus Sts 3500 system that I have been fighting with for over 3 weeks but have owned for many years and tinkered with. I can't go back to the original installer because he unexpectally passed away last year and noone else in a 100 mile radius deals with Vodavi.

Anyway here is the problem. One of my employees was power washing the walls 3 wks ago and fried the board on our original 3500 system. I lucked out and found a used 3500 system that came with two phones(which i needed because two of mine were not working properly) This used system did not have the voicemail card and the other card but i just figured i could swap it out. All works but my voicesystem does not pickup at all, I could get half phones to get caller ID, and for some reason each one of my phones seems to have a different settings than before on the flex buttons. I spent 3 hours trying to go through and sort but finally gave up and reset the main system.(which was my latest brillant idea)

Now I have 7 Starplus Sts phones that show this on the display and act dead.

LKD-24D V0.6H
SCOUT-DX V1.1 OK SYNC

I think i may need to reintialize the system or something.(I picked that up from the site before I join ). I am really in a jam here. I cannot leave tonight until i figure this out. We average 75 to 100 calls/day and i can't afford to have any more time down if possible.

If anyone can please help I'd be very grateful to you and this site.

Thanks,
JB

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

-TJ-
Where in Pa. are you exactly?

I just found the original cd from

board member Oobie is just north of you on 99... you're probably going to need a hand with this one.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
SEND THIS info about a reset BY PM OR EMAIL -
That info on the open forum can cause some unsuspecting business owner a lot of trouble!
Mark

reinitializing should bring up the first 8 extensions and 4 CO lines; if you're still getting the SYNC message on the phone displays after reinitializing the system, you've probably got a dead KSU.

"There is one thing and only one thing in which it is granted to you to be free in life, all else being beyond your power: that is to recognize and profess the truth." - Leo Tolstoy
ok STS E got me up and running. Thanks everyone for your help. STS E informed me that I will need a laptop to setup the voicemail. I'll get all my personl preferences setup in the meantime until i figure what I want to do.

thanks again.

Mark - eek. my bad.

good work, STS E.

barnesjn - glad to hear it's back up and working for you.. if you're not able to find a local guy to work on it, i'd be glad to walk you through installing a modem in your STS so it can be serviced remotely.

would you be willing to help me remove the flex button options that were defaulted on 12, 15,16,18,20,22,23

12,18,21,22 are a busy signal

16,20 are like open lines to only my station

23 is some sort or ring back or something

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Topics
New chat forum
by metelcom - 09/26/24 12:26 PM
CO assignment to station key
by SamL - 09/20/24 09:05 AM
SV9100 Yesterday's technology today...
by Carl Navarro - 09/19/24 08:29 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,402
Posts639,369
Members49,808
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Newest Members
DavidMirror, Si-14 LLC, SamL, xsh74, LukeE.
49,808 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 17
dexman 10
pvj 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998 - 2024