OK. I do all the WinDBA and InSkin admin programming for my own office on our STS (not "e") since I'm also a part time tech for our dealer who installed it. He's a small shop and can only get here when I get stumped. I have an engineering background. But I don't work on the STS everyday, so I'm not totally immersed in its features.

Right now I have the KSU clock control set to auto on an 830-430 day, excluding weekends, but in bad weather when the office doesn't make it in, then it goes off night and rings with no one answering, so I think I'm going to change to manual on that.

One problem I've been seeing is people calling in when the system is in night mode, and it hangs up on them. I'm thinking this is because I also have a time control set up in the VM for 830 to 430. This seems to dup the auto night, and I can't remember now why I even set it up that way, so I'm wondering why I would even need that? If the night function in the KSU sends it to VM, what feature do I use to tell VM to answer with my night menu if the KSU is in night? Or, I guess I just set VM to always answer with the night menu, if it's doing the answering at all, right?

I'm probably confusing myself here. I use a COS in VM for all stations that specifies that time control, but I'm thinking I don't even need that?