I would like your thoughts and feedback on the following:

A bit about me first...
I started with Ma Bell in '79. Did 4 and 8 party eliminations, CO work, I&M, etc. Laid off in '83 due to divestiture. I worked for another interconnect for a couple of years and moved back home and operated an interconnect for 14 years. For the past 10 years I've been the telecom manager for a retail company with about 815 locations at this time.

My managers are not telecom people...it's just that plain and simple. As a result they have no idea of what can go wrong, various repair times, etc... To my knowledge there is no information out there they can use for reference published by research companies such as Gartner, etc...

So when there are x number of trouble tickets open they have no idea whether to think it's a good average ticket number or the number of tickets is high or low. (In other words, how is my job performance.)

Here are the specs for each location which is for the most part, "cookie cutter".

4 POTS lines at each location. 3 are on a Partner ACS w/hunting from the LEC, the other line is for the fax.

6 Partner tel sets at each location. (1 ea. 18D, 5 ea. 6btn)
2 analog residential cordless phone sets.

Support/repair network data cabling (Cat5e) to five locations in the building with redundant drops to each location.

Support the PA system w/background music. Generally 7 speakers inside the building and 2 or 3 speakers outsided the building. This is a mix of 70v technology or self amplified and some locations with a mix.

I see approximate totals of 3260 LEC lines spread across 30 LECs, 4890 desk sets, 1630 cordless, 8150 PA speakers, 815 Partner ACS units, 815 PA amps/power supplies, etc...etc...

You are in the business...what would you think is an average rolling number of trouble tickets that you would expect to be open at any given time (number wise or percentage)...considering all possibilities.

All tickets are handled in house. We correct what we can over the phone, depot and swap out phone problems which is easy. All programming is the same at all locations...a square system, nothing fancy. We test as much as possible before dispatching the LEC and test as much as possible before dispatching an inside tech. Tickets are generally kept open until we know the problem is resolved then it is closed.

I appreciate and welcome your input.

Thanks,
DT98