As of now, I haven't done anything. Since I just got my adapter yesterday, I will try it out today. For now, I can tell you what I remember from the phone tech working on it, and please excuse if I don't use the right lingo. :-)

After he couldn't get rid of the delay in setting up the auto attendant menu options (the delay in between mailboxes), he switched it to just go to MB500. He also tried several ways to accomplish this, one of which I recall was setting up some sort of call group (I think he used 550) which had stations 200 and 205 and then MB500 was the last option in that list. That didn't seem to work, so he finally just set day 1 and 2 and night to MB500. Does that make sense?

How the call is supposed to be handled...

Well, ideally we'd like to use the auto attendant with menu options. We can revisit that if we can figure out where the delay is coming from. Right now the call goes something like this:

- Incoming calls ring stations 200 and 205
- If not answered, it is routed to MB500
- If set to night, it is routed straight to MB500
- The MB500 greeting is played
- After the end of the greeting (you can here the click at the end of the recording) there is about a seven second delay
- The system says something like "Please record after the tone, finish by pressing #"
- Tone

So, the immediate problem is to eliminate that seven second delay. Also note that there is a (phantom?) MB501 to handle VMs on the second line.

I'll be logging into the system today myself and will report back what I find. Thanks for the help.

Klint