As to your thoughts, quite simply it's just not done that way. Each tenant needs to have their own phone system as well as their own data network WITHIN THEIR OWN SPACE. What will be required in the building is "house wiring" that will distribute the telco lines from the terminal that they will provide (in a room that you will provide for them) to each tenant space. Depending on the building layout, intermediate telephone closets may be required. Wiring between the telco terminal and the intermediate closets is by multi-pair cables that will provide redundant capacity. Usually each tenant gets a 25 pair to a RJ-21x in their space.

but one guy's opinion on how to do it is still just one guy's opinion. Just getting a professional to do everything is not really my style.

No, the buck stops here. You asked, this is how it's done, no opinions about it. If your style is to be bull headed, well, that's your problem I guess.

Have a nice day.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.