Originally posted by Htown_tech:
The Emagen has settings in the t3admin menu to allow regular unsupervised backups to tape drive or to another pc via ftp I believe. I haven't set one up in a while but at my past job I had a linux box setup as nothing but an ftp server for all our customers with Emagens to back them up every few days. They loved it and I made the ftp server out of a junky old p3-500 that was in the corner of the office being used as an end table.

Htown_tech
This is what I found in the emagen manual. I don't quite understand, is this saying as long as you setup the backup to go to an FTP site from choice #5, that it will automatically automate in the site parameters menu?

Backup to an FTP site
The system can backup itself and send the data, using ftp transfer to a remote location for safekeeping. To configure the ftp transfer, you will need to select option 5 of the t3adm as described above. It will then prompt you to enter the ftp parameters and will attempt to backup and send the data. Once this process is complete, the system will automatically perform the backup to ftp according to Site Parameters>Run Backup.
Here are the steps for backup and ftp:
1. Select option 5 of t3adm – System Backup. The system will inform you that the services will be stopped. The system will ask, “Do you want to copy backup with ftp” – answer Yes.
2. Enter FTP site – the IP address or the qualified name of the server.

3. Enter the file path on the server – the full path in which you want the data to be stored.
4. Enter the user name and password that allow access to the above path on the above ftp server. The system will show you the login and path. Next, the system will perform the backup and attempt to copy the file to the ftp site.

The system will ask, “Do you want to copy the backup in to the Tape?” if you have a tape backup mounted on the system, you can specify Yes. Once this procedure is complete, the system will automatically repeat it in the housekeeping procedure. To change any of the ftp parameters, simply repeat this process.

Right now, under my Site parameters menu, there is no choice fro Run Backup. If I take the above procedure will it just automatically appear?

Thanks!