Dr.'s office with nine locations, four voice lines and fax line. Panasonic four-line with intercom. Eight KX-TS4100 and one KX-TS4300 (with TAD).

First trouble: crosstalk. This is very no good for patient privacy. Loop current 49-50-mA. Installed loop current attentuators, loop current 25mA. Great, no cross-talk. Except now the users are experienceing erratic system operation: dropped calls, unintended barge-in on busy line via auto line select. (This off-hook line selection feature can not be disabled, only can assign lines one, two, three, or four. I suggested that they select a line prior to lifting handset, for temporary relief of unintended barge-in.)

Because the system communicates on line one, I thought maybe removing the attentuation from line one would correct sytem operation. No such luck. Now they have cross-talk and still dropped calls.

The phone company says that anywhwere from 20- to 120mA is acceptable. I believe it should be more like 23-to 35mA.They tried to "load" the lines (ESS5 CO) with no reduction in loop current at all.

I can get a loop current regulator which can be stepped down by dip switch settings. Maybe I can lower loop curent just enough but not too much with this units.

I have spent many hours and a bunch of dough chasing this. Before I spend more time and money I hope some phone dawg out there has some better ideas.

Thanks for your help,

JE