web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I went on a service call this morning on a avaya partner system. When the system is turned off and back on the system resets to default settings. I replaced the 2 AAA batteries and this is still happening. Is there anything else to look at?

Also they have 2 ext's that say they the VM is full but when you check them there is no Voice Mails. I tried to re-initialize them but no luck. I had to assign mailbox's from ext's that they didn't use to those ext's to get it to work.

The Advance Noobie!
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
when you replaced the batteries did you check to see if the "replace battery " message was still displayed on ext 10 ?

Ive had it where the fresh batteries didn't actually supply power because the contacts where dirty and the message was still displayed until I cleaned the contacts

what rel ACS ?

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
OP Offline
I think it's 7.0, I did not check for the display message upon arrival, actually ext 10 was not in use and did not have a display phone to hook up to it. Would that error display on ext 11 too?

The Advance Noobie!
With the R7 there are two possibilities for it defaulting. First is that it's an older one that had that problem. There is a software patch, contact an Avaya Business Partner.

The second is that it is a current unit and the programming was not backed up to the internal memory. The patch I mentioned above causes the processor to do a restore from the internal memory upon power up. So if there is a default translation backed up (or nothing) that's what you are going to get.

The AAA batteries really do nothing long term in the R7.

As for the VM, what messaging system are we talking about here?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
There is a backup in internal memory. I guess it is not pulling the backup upon booting up due to the patch. The voice mail is the pc card but that's all I know, don't know if that helps. There is an update on support.avaya is it easy to load it?

The Advance Noobie!
OP Offline
Is there a way to check the software version via ext 11

The Advance Noobie!
Yes.
Dial 59 on dial pad..

That would be Feature 59. Tell us what it says.

There is an update on support.avaya is it easy to load it?

No.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Will do thanks

The Advance Noobie!
RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Regardless, you should be able to see a file in the internal flash memory if it was set up in programming, I believe you mentioned there was one there, do a restore and see if it comes up.

As for the VM, what unit is it and what ext, could be a couple of things

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,848
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,658 Shoretel
189,554 CTX100 install
187,812 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (SSPhone), 118 guests, and 283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024