Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
IBID Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there. We're using 5 Partner-18 phones, only one of which rings (the unit with the display). Is there a way to selectively enable ringing on extensions?

Thanks very much!

IBID

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Selectively enable ringing? Do you mean have a phone ring all the time like the display phone or where people can turn it on or off as they want?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
IBID Offline OP
OP Offline
I guess the latter, but the former wouldn't be awful. My office is on the second floor of our building but one of the phones is down on the first floor. I plugged a cordless into the display phone so I can hear that phone ring if there is no one on line 1. Once someone on the second floor jumps on the phone, I have to stare at the phone to know if line 2 is ringing.

It would be great to turn the ringing on when I'm down stairs and turn it off again once I head upstairs.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

IBID

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
How about day/night ringing? You could activate that at will for the times where it is needed from the attendant's station?

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
what version of partner?

IBID Offline OP
OP Offline
It's a Partner-18. We have no manual, and the woman who had a clue as to how to program from the display phone is no longer with us. It would be very inconvenient for the woman who is currently using the display phone to have to do something, programwise, every time I head downstairs.

I

Partner 18 is just the model of the phone itself, not the system. I am sure that for a small fee, one of our Avaya moderators will be able to help you identify the system that you have and how to set this up.

You also have the option of delayed ringing if the day/night service seems to be a chore. Activating night service is a simple push of a button though to turn it on/off, so I still think that might be your best solution. You can also combine both features to ensure that all of your bases are covered.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
partner 18 is just the type of set. Can you describe the phone system? 206 modules, 308 ACS?

IBID Offline OP
OP Offline
"You also have the option of delayed ringing if the day/night service seems to be a chore. Activating night service is a simple push of a button though to turn it on/off, so I still think that might be your best solution."

What means 'delayed ringing'please, and is that the same thing as the 'night service' that you mention? And which button would I push?

Sorry to be such a technodolt, but that's me.

I

if a line on a phone is set for delayed ringing, after the 3rd ring that phone will start ringing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,406 Shoretel
189,166 CTX100 install
187,426 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024