Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
We have a T1 SuperTrunk that is hooked up to our phone system, the calls go through there.

If your incoming calls come In on q Super Trunk, the phone company is sending "digits" for the Legend to route to. You need to find out what those digits are, if there is any "digit manipulation" going on in the Legend's rooting tables (xxx comes in, but Legend sends to zzz instead)then when you know what extension it routes to, you can figure out why it takes brings to cover to voice mail. I think you mentioned 399 answered with the Auto Attendant? Immediatly, or delayed?

You really do need a tech to look into this one, or someone like our own Merlin Man to connect remotely.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

dmlabel Offline OP
OP Offline
If I dial 339, then it goes to the Auto Attendant after exactly one ring.
What's weird is that the Super Trunk has been there for over five years, but just a few months ago we've been having this problem... Nothing has really changed except the power outage one time and we had a tech in to fix it. I think he may have screwed up the group settings on rings (because we want the customer service reps to get the calls if the caller dials '0'). Their extensions ring for six times I think so maybe this programming is the same as the Auto Attendant???

BTW, who's the Merlin Man?

Originally posted by Touch Tone Tommy:
We have a T1 SuperTrunk that is hooked up to our phone system, the calls go through there.

If your incoming calls come In on q Super Trunk, the phone company is sending "digits" for the Legend to route to. You need to find out what those digits are, if there is any "digit manipulation" going on in the Legend's rooting tables (xxx comes in, but Legend sends to zzz instead)then when you know what extension it routes to, you can figure out why it takes brings to cover to voice mail. I think you mentioned 399 answered with the Auto Attendant? Immediatly, or delayed?

You really do need a tech to look into this one, or someone like our own Merlin Man to connect remotely.

Talked to Jack (Merlin Man) a few days ago. He mentioned having to spend a week or so in the hospital so I expect that's where he is. You guys are going to have to figure this one out on your own or wait till he is back.

Better yet get rid of that Key Voice or whatever it is and replace it with a Merlin Messaging. At least you will be able to find people to support it because it's designed to work with your system.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
DM when I mentioned Night Mode I meant your phone system. The Voicemail is not the issue here it is your phone system.

Not sure why 2 Mods and an Admin has let this thread go as long as it has already. You really need to contact your phone vendor. The help you require is beyond what can be accomplished at this website.

Replacing your Voicemail would NOT solve this issue. This is a phone system issue, nothing to do with Voicemail.

PM sent to dmlabel. Blue suit and red cape are now out of the dry cleaners...

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
dmlabel Offline OP
OP Offline
We already arranged a new tech to come out yesterday before the other messages...

I'll report back on whether he can accomplish what he claims he could after he's done.

Replacing your Voicemail would NOT solve this issue. This is a phone system issue, nothing to do with Voicemail.

My point was that an Avaya tech would be more inclined to solve the problem if he weren't using an after market messaging system. I know I wouldn't want to spend an hour playing with that Legend knowing that I know nothing about Key-Voice. If I can't get it to work I've been there for free because in such cases the customer isn't going to pay.

Not sure why 2 Mods and an Admin have let this thread go as long as it has already.

Good point. I though about putting the kibosh on it yesterday but I felt the information here isn't going to be of much use to anybody else. We have gone way beyond what the purpose of this board is for, that being providing end user help with end user issues. Clearly this is not the case here.

dmlabel, you need to contact a local dealer at this point or work with one of our mods privately. We can't help you in the open forums any longer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
dmlabel Offline OP
OP Offline
OK, the tech came and now he professes he doesn't know Key Voice, when on the phone he said he did... At least he didn't charge us.

I'm giving Dag a call now...

I hate to say I told you so but... I told you so.

-Hal

We had a company where there were 2 operators and only way to control night mode was to have 1 operator set have night mode button on all the time,this way main operator could control night mode and have system answer 1 ring at night otherwise system rang 6 times for day mode, Maybe its as simple as having a secondary operator's night button on? I mention this because you said same greeting for day or night.Sounds like 2 sets need to have button on.
John

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,613 Shoretel
189,506 CTX100 install
187,769 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 152 guests, and 355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024