Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Howdy,

Patner r.4.0 processor, mostly 3.0/3.1 206 modules, CA24 at x.10, 18D at x.10, 2500s elsewhere at motel, 2x24.

System functions intermittently. Module one lghts solid, then flashes, (slowly, then rapidly) and may slip back into functionality. otjher modules and processor light steady. Replacing module one does not change this intermittent functioning. User claims that when he plugs in the p/s for tyhe CA 24 it crashes his system. I have not determined any validity to this claim. System misfunctiuons even with ext.10 unplugged.

Any ideas about what is going on? Also, if processor is kaput: is there any way to copy over the programming to the new processor?

Thanks in advance,

JE

Thanks for your help,

JE
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Time to upgrade to an ACS. No, there is no way to copy translations but it shouldn't take an experienced tech more than a few minutes to start from scratch. All you have are SL phones in the rooms.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
An ACS would work just fine for a small hotel however they may be using DXD for after hours Auto Attn. so you may have to include the price of a small PMV.

OP Offline
Thanks for your replies,

Is DXD "direct dial", i.e.: Inbound callers can dial directly to an extension? This an essential function.

What is a PMV?

JE

Thanks for your help,

JE
DXD = Direct eXtension Dial, and is a function of the Automated Attendant. "If you know your party's extension, you may dial it now."

DID = Direct Inward Dial, which is what you are referring to when you ask if people can call directly to an extension. And yes, the Partner ACS can do that. Are you able to do that with your old Partner II?

PMV = typo of PVM (Partner Voice Messaging)

"Press play and record at the same time" -- Tim Alberstein
An ACS would work just fine for a small hotel however they may be using DXD

Umm, if they are using an old Partner II now, don't you think the ACS would offer the same functionality and then some?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
The power supply knocking out system when ca 24 plugged. This sounds like wire issue,If power is introduced into ext. 10 port,this may be problem and toasting the port. You mentioned swapping cards, did old ext.10 port work in new location in system? I would try 1: check cable to ext. 10 jack, 2: swap out backplane.

OP Offline
I am on site. The DXD function went to a loud clicking (user failed to tell me this).

Replaced processor. Am unable to raise CO dial tone with a "9". During testing, powered down system and when powered up had lost it's memory. Apparently the "new" procesor has a faulty memory support battery! This from a usually reputable supplier.

Any ideas of why "9" gives a busy tone? Two COL. Auto line selection is set to intercom and does give intyercom dial tone. Line three input a "Ring the system when the front door is opened" system from long ago. "Lines installed" program is set to 2. Access and restrictions have been checked. System is not set in hybrid mode.

Thanks for any help.

JE

Thanks for your help,

JE
Why do people always think Partner problems are caused by the backplane? Aside from bad edge connectors (and that's obvious when you have to strong arm the mods to make it work) I have never seen one cause a problem.

As for this system, forget it, it's junk. And hopefully when it gets replaced the manager won't be the one handling maintenance.

-Hal

The DXD function went to a loud clicking (user failed to tell me this).

Sounds like you know about as much as the manager. What kind of telephone installer are you?

That "loud clicking" is obviously the voice messaging hard drive gone south. Add a voice messaging system to your list to be replaced.

-Hal

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,872
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,732 Shoretel
189,783 CTX100 install
187,935 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 175 guests, and 311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024